“Being challenged in life is inevitable. Being defeated is optional.” – Roger Crawford
Hey, I’m Jo Marie.
I serve people who are ready for change. I give them the knowledge and tools to take charge of their life and look & feel awesome doing it.
I am a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, current corrective exercise specialist student also with NASM, and a real food enthusiast. I help empower people to become their best self through fitness and nutrition. I strongly believe that with the right information (and maybe a little push) everyone can achieve the healthy lifestyle and body they desire.
When I’m not writing in my blog, researching new content, or creating irresistible programs, I can be found plunging headfirst into podcasts, books, seminars, and online academies related to fitness, nutrition, personal development, and life as a whole, enjoying God’s beautiful outdoor creation, or chillaxing on the couch with my hubby and two kitties (one named Chairman Meow…hubby’s idea that gets us a few laughs, and the other named Choco who gets more laughs due to his waddling booty and overall terrible cat reflexes – seriously, is he even a cat? He’s quite the comic relief…).
Just dying to know more? Here are 19 things you don’t know about me…
- I sing constantly when my husband isn’t around.
- I hate to admit it, but I’m a sucker for musicals – Glee, Moulin Rouge, Rent, Wicked, Pitch Perfect, Sweeney Todd, Grease, Mamma Mia! – and wish I could be as graceful as they are singing and dancing their hearts out…
- I am the most indecisive person you will meet (have to list all the pros and cons, am I right?) and it makes me feel good when I meet another!
- I have a box FULL of fixer-upper clothes with the intention of completing these projects someday in the future (5 years and counting…).
- My friends and family think I’m crafty. The reality? I steal all my creative ideas from other crafty bloggers and/or Pinterest posts…
- I very rarely paint my fingernails, but absolutely HATE showing my toenails unpainted.
- Only on rare occasions will I put on a dress (special date night, wedding, etc) though wearing one almost always makes me feel sexy (:
- I only ever wear my hair up when I’m exercising, hiking, or by the water (unless, of course, I have a terrible hair day and no time to fix it…but thankfully, this doesn’t happen often).
- I sold my motorcycle so I could get my NASM personal trainer certification and am crossing my fingers on being able to get one within the next year.
- I have gone whitewater rafting in Ecuador.
- My favorite color combination is royal blue and orange (if you couldn’t already tell…).
- I grew up in the country with two older brothers.
- The thought of roller coasters, skydiving, paragliding, rock climbing, high ropes, and the like excite me!
- My favorite sport to play is ultimate frisbee.
- My graduating high school class had a total of 9 people in it; my college graduating class had less than 2,500.
- I enjoy trips to the mountains much more than I do trips to the beach.
- I have never dyed my hair – I am a natural, super-pale redhead with swarms of freckles…
- I avoid going to the doctor as much as possible (unless it’s urgent) and instead look to natural remedies for healing including vitamins, homeopathics, and essential oils.
- I love what I do and do what I love!
Ready to become a healthier, happier YOU – all while having fun? Click here to Become A VIP and be the first to receive my latest fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, workouts, and news of upcoming challenges!
DO IT NOW and begin your transformation into the sweaty, sexy, strong person that you are on the inside out!
- Find me on Twitter – https://twitter.com/swtysxystrng
- Find me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/joannashinault
- Sign up for my latest posts by Becoming a VIP!